ICML is a global non-profit organization dedicated to helping lubrication practitioners succeed in their professional careers. ICML certification exams are in accordance with ISO 18436 and are available worldwide, in multiple languages.
Why to Focus on Effective Lubrication?
Professor Ernest Rabinowicz, a true pioneer in the field of Tribology in 1970 discovered that,
- 75% of bearings lost their usefulness through surface degradation.
- 75% of that degradation was due to mechanical wear; 25% was due to corrosion.
- Calculating the impact of this problem, Dr. Rabinowicz noted that 6% of the U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was lost annually through mechanical wear.
- Interestingly, lubricant films are one of the first lines of defense in the war against such losses, which, today, equate to trillions of dollars.
MLA Level – 1
- Maintenance Strategies
- Lubrication Theory/Fundamentals
- Lubricant Selection
- Lubricant Application
- Lube Storage and Management
- Lube Condition Control
- Oil Sampling
- Lubricant Health Monitoring
- Wear Debris Monitoring and Analysis